If you're a small guard in basketball, paradoxically you often want to get a bigger man defending you so you can exploit their lack of speed. Watch this video to learn from Deron Williams how he uses a crossover / step back move from a screen to get the big man on him, then fake him out and take a wide open jumper.
From the Creator:
Set up the screen
Use a subtle signal to call your big man up to set the screen.
Isolate the big man
When the defenders switch to cover you, take advantage of the mismatch. Clear the lane so you can use your speed to beat their big man.
Crossover and step back
Make a quick move in one direction then cut the other way using a crossover dribble to throw your defender off balance.
When you've got the defender on his heels, take a big step back to clear space for the finish.
Shoot the jumper
Square your shoulders, lift straight up and shoot over the top.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades